The mission of the center is to promote rational inquiry and to further understanding of key issues at the interface of science and religion through educational and research activities. The center is committed to the ideas that science and religion are not inherently incompatible, and that insight into key science and religion issues has a rich history. The center’s mission, however, is oriented around the belief there is much to learn and much work to be done in exploring new avenues of understanding and communicating current views to others. Outside its commitment to general Christian principles and an ongoing search for truth, the center does not exist to promote any particular scientific theory or point of view.
- Stimulate critical thinking and promote dialogue on key issues central to science and religion.
- Create and support interdisciplinary research and publication.
- Sponsor workshops, seminars, lectures, and other educational events both on and off-campus.
- Establish a mechanism for strengthening Christian faith and scientific understanding.
- Supervise an undergraduate major in science and religion and recruit high-caliber students.
- Seek grants and other funding to support Center objectives.
Contact email@example.com to be added to the Center for Science and Religion contact list