Requests for transcripts, grades, GPA, or other information, such as courses completed, cannot be issued to an outside party unless the student has given the registrar written permission to release this information to the specified party, as allowed under The Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA).
Transcripts are generally available or mailed within one-to-two business days from receipt of the request. During peak times—i.e., registration, beginning of a semester, graduation—response time may not be as expedient. During such times, please allow for additional processing time.
Transcript requests will not be honored if the student is indebted to the university. Any student aware of a transcript hold should contact Samford One Stop at 205-726-2905 to clear the hold prior to requesting a transcript.
I Have Portal Access
Please use this option only for transcripts that are to be mailed. Please be sure you have the complete mailing address before you begin your request.
(If you need a transcript sent electronically, please email email@example.com from your Samford email account or stop by the Registrar’s Office to complete the request form.)
Log in to the Samford University Portal with your user ID and password, then:
- Click on the Banner tab
- Click on Student & Financial Aid
- Click on Office of the Registrar
- Click on Request Official Transcript and enter the name of the person, school, or business where the transcript should be sent in the "Issue to" block, then click Continue.
- Enter the complete address and zip code of the location where you wish to have your transcript sent and click Continue. (Please note that there is a 30-character limit for each address line, so you may need to abbreviate or use more than one line for lengthy descriptions.)
- Enter number of copies needed, select in-progress cut-off term (selecting the most recent term will show the classes in which you are currently enrolled on your transcript), when to print the transcript (ASAP, hold for grades, hold for degree, etc.) and delivery method, and click Continue.
- Review information and Submit Request
You can review the status of your request on the Office of the Registrar screen, by clicking on View Status of Transcript Requests.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call our office at 205-726-2911.
I Do Not Have Portal Access
Alumni and/or students without portal access can request transcripts in person or by submitting a Transcript Request Form to our office. Transcripts can be mailed directly to you or to another recipient (school, employer, state board, etc.). Transcripts for coursework completed prior to 1987 may take longer to process than the usual one-to-two business day estimate.
Complete the Transcript Request Form and fax it to 205-726-2908, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail it to: