Requests for transcripts, grades, GPA, or other information, such as courses completed, cannot be issued to an outside party unless the student authorizes the registrar to release this information to the specified party, as allowed under The Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA).

Transcripts are generally available or mailed within one-to-two business days from receipt of the request. During peak times—i.e., registration, beginning of a semester, graduation—response time may not be as expedient. During such times, please allow for additional processing time.

Transcript requests will not be honored if the student is indebted to the university. Any student aware of a transcript hold should contact Samford One Stop at (205) 726-2905 to clear the hold prior to requesting a transcript.

Requesting a Transcript

All transcripts must be ordered online and will be fulfilled through the National Student Clearing House. Samford University has partnered with National Student Clearing House to allow students and alumni to order a secure electronic PDF transcript or hard copy transcript to be sent to themselves or others and the ability to track the order.

To get started, please choose one of the options below that best applies to you.

I Have Portal Access

Log in to the Samford University Portal with your user ID and password, then:

  • Click on the Banner tab
  • Click on Student & Financial Aid
  • Click on Office of the Registrar
  • Click on Request Official Transcript

I Do Not Have Portal Access

Get Started