Final grades are due after commencement. Once end-of-term processing is complete, the Office of the Registrar will compile and submit diploma information to our diploma provider. Students who have met all requirements and whose degrees have been conferred will receive an email sent to their Samford email account within 2-3 weeks of this submission. The email will give you instructions for obtaining one complimentary paper copy of your diploma; digital diplomas are available for an additional fee.
Duplicates and Replacements
Duplicate replacement diplomas are available to Samford alumni. Paper duplicates cost $50.00 plus shipping, and certified digital copies for graduates prior to April 2022 cost $65.00.
- Signatures on the replacement or duplicate diploma will be those of the persons currently holding the respective positions.
- Your request will be sent to the Office of the Registrar for approval. You will be contacted if further information is needed to complete your request.
- Requests that do not match institutional records are subject to approval by the Office of the Registrar and may need additional documentation.
Requests for transcripts, grades, GPA, or other information, such as courses completed, cannot be issued to an outside party unless the student authorizes the registrar to release this information to the specified party, as allowed under The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Transcripts are generally available or mailed within two business days from receipt of the request. During peak times (i.e., registration, beginning of a semester, graduation) response time may not be as expedient. During such times, please allow for additional processing time.
Transcript requests will not be honored if the student is indebted to the university. Any student aware of a transcript hold should contact Samford One Stop at (205) 726-2905 to clear the hold prior to requesting a transcript.
Requesting a Transcript
All transcripts must be ordered online and will be fulfilled through the National Student Clearing House. Samford University has partnered with National Student Clearing House to allow students and alumni to order a secure electronic PDF transcript or hard copy transcript to be sent to themselves or others and the ability to track the order.
To get started, please choose one of the options below that best applies to you.
If You Have Portal Access...
Log in to the university portal with your Samford user ID and password, then:
- Click on the Banner tab
- Click on Student & Financial Aid
- Click on Office of the Registrar
- Click on Request Official Transcript